On 1 September 2010 the German Government decided to establish an Air Travel Tax (ATT).
There are three different tax rates is as follows:
• short distances (Zone1)
• medium distances (Zone 2)
• long distances
The Aviation Tax contains various exemptions for:
• private jets (non-commercial air traffic);
• cargo flights w/o passenger transport;
• infants under 2 years of age who do not have their own seat on the flight;
• flight crews on duty;
• military transport;
• traffic to various islands;
• transit or transfer flights that commenced outside Germany.
Air Travel Tax Act.pdf